Lots of experts say it's stupid to forbid yourself from eating certain foods that denying yourself something you really want to eat can ultimately lead to binge eating and eventual weight gain.
The foods you eat can have a major effect on your weight.
In this article we did the work for you and take a look at a list of foods you should skip or pick at a mall, restaurant, or grocery store.
We listed below the top 10 foods you should never eat if you want to lose weight:
1. Alcoholic Drinks - you need to stop drinking if you are serious about losing the extra pounds.
Note: Alcoholic drinks contain empty calories that don’t fill you up or provide any nutrients. When these empty calories get mixed with carbohydrates, fats and proteins, they postpone the fat-burning process and contribute to increased fat storage.
2. Bacon - processed meat, such as bacon, is something you should avoid completely or eat strictlyin moderation if you wish to lose weight.
Note: Bacon is rich in saturated fat as well as sodium, nitrate and nitrite content. Excess saturated fat is not good for your weight. Plus, the excess salt in it can lead to water retention and bloating.
3. Commercial Salad Dressings - salads are part of nearly everyone’s weight loss diet. Vegetables and fruits are very healthy, being loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, soluble fiber, low calories and various other nutrients that are good for health and weight loss.
Note: This healthy food turns out to be one of the worst for weight loss when you use commercial salad dressings to improve the bland taste.
4. Diet Soda - if you think switching to diet soda from regular soda is helping you lose weight, you need to think again.
Note: The artificial sweeteners in diet sodas can stimulate your appetite, leading you to eat more junk foods.
5. Margarine - marketed as a healthier alternative to butter, margarine is another calorie dense and fatty food that you need to avoid.
Note: It contains hydrogenated fats that are more harmful than the saturated fats present in butter. In fact, it contains almost 3 grams of trans fats per tablespoon. Plus, it lacks nutrition.
6. Oil Popped Popcorn - popcorn is a tasty and healthy snack. Its complex carbohydrates give you energy and stamina and its high fiber content fills you up. Plus, it has a rich antioxidant content.
Note: The commercial oil-popped popcorn you enjoy at the movie theater is not at all a healthy choice, especially when you are striving to lose weight. It is laden with calories, fat and sodium.
7. Potato Chips and French Fries - this two foods are markers for junk food diets and if you love munching on them, you can forget about weight loss.
Note: These fried forms of potatoes are high in calories and fat, making them the worst choice for your weight loss diet. Plus, fried potatoes cause a rapid increase in blood sugar and insulin levels, causing a negative impact on appetite and weight.
8. Packaged Fruit Juice - fruit juices are popular in weight loss diets. That’s because fruit juices are full of nutrients that keep us energized and fresh.
Note: Drinking fruit juice in excess does not benefit your health much. The nutritious fiber in fruits gets lost in the juicing process and you end up consuming pure sugar in the form of fructose.
9. Sugary Cereals - regularly eating a healthy breakfast may help in your weight loss efforts by reducing your hunger later in the day. When you skip breakfast, you are tempted to reach for unhealthy snacks.
Note: These cereals are loaded with sugar that the body converts to fat. Moreover, the refined carbohydrates are among the most fattening ingredients in existence.
10. White Bread - if you’re watching your weight, it’s important to watch your white bread consumption, too. While white bread is a staple food item for many, the truth is that it doesn’t have any nutritional value but only empty calories.
Note: The carbohydrates in white bread are fattening, as they are a high glycemic index food. This means white breads do not keep you satisfied for very long.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.
Source: Top 10 Home Remedies